Meetings are held the first Wednesday of every month at 1PM in Room 252B Nanaline Duke Building. Pizza is provided!
The Duke University Postdoctoral Association (DUPA) was formed in 2001 to address the needs and concerns of all Duke postdocs. Various committees of DUPA are focused on specific goals to improve the postdoc experience at Duke University.
Recognizing the sense of isolation felt by many postdocs, the aim of the Social Committee is to facilitate social interaction among postdocs at Duke and other local universities such as UNC. This committee hosts several events each year, including happy hours, Holiday events and Postdoc Pubnight.
The goal of the Communications Committee is to facilitate communication among Duke postdocs, and to keep DUPA members informed of upcoming events, etc. This committee sets up our email distribution list.
The International Committee serves as an informational resource for international postdocs, identifies and works on issues that are important and specific to international postdocs (such as Visas and Tax returns), and works to enhance the postdoctoral experience. The committee also manages the Buddy Postdoc Program at Duke.
The goal of the Professional Development Committee is to provide opportunities for career development and professional interaction for postdocs at Duke University. For example, the Professional Development Committee has organized workshops on effective strategies for the academic job search, a campus-wide postdoctoral research day, and other well-received events.
The Website Committee established this website, is responsible for ongoing site upgrades and maintenance, and manages the reagentswap mailing list.
We are always looking for new postdocs, either to serve on the council to discuss new proposals, policy and events, or even to fill open positions on the board. You can contact us with the form below.
2017 – 2018 DUPA Executive board
- President: Cameron Prigge
- Communications co-Chairs: Miranda Scalabrino, Xuhui Bao
- International co-Chairs: Sophia Rammell, Silvia Ceballos
- Professional Development co-Chairs: William Huhn, Ashley Williams
- Policy co-Chairs: Rahul Chandrasekhar, Kacy Gordon
- Social Chair: Edmund Ong
- Outreach co-Chairs: Danielle Mello, Lina Castano-Duque
- Service co-Chairs: Lauren Slosky, Megan Cooke
- P2P Chair: Eric Scott
2016 – 2017 DUPA Executive board
- President: Kacy Gordon
- Communications co-Chairs: Xuhui Bao, Rachel Harris
- Policy Chair: Rahul Chandrasekhar
- Social Chair: Cameron Prigge
- Outreach co-Chairs: Amber Beckley, Danielle Mello
- P2P Chair: Eric Scott
2015 – 2016 DUPA Executive board
- President: Stefan Oehlers
- Communications Chair: Jeffrey Wojton
- International Chair: Nishad Jayasundara
- Professional Development Chair: Chintan Oza
- Policy Chair: Anthony Parolari
- Social Chair: William Huhn
2014 – 2015 DUPA Executive board
- President: Shraddha Desai
- Communications Chair: Xiaoting (Tina) Wang
- International Chair: Shraddha Desai / Nishad Jayasundara
- Professional Development Chair: Chintan Oza / Shoresh Shafei
- Social Chair: Stefan Oehlers
2013 – 2014 DUPA Executive board
- President: Jeff Blackinton
- Chair of the Social Committee: Stefan Oehlers
- Chair of the Communications Committee: Xiaoting (Tina) Wang
- Chair of the International Committee: Shraddha Desai
- Chair of the Professional Development Committee: Tricia Wright
- Chair of the Website Committee: Padhu Pattabiraman
- Councilor at large: Sissel Juul; Argenia Doss; Shoresh Shafei, Kim Dohlich, Lejla Zubcevic